Monday, September 3, 2012

The Beginning of the Journey Unfolding-Hong Kong



The Beginning of the Journey Unfolding-Hong Kong

I'm not even there yet and people are asking me about Hong Kong like I've sent spies there surveying the area to prepare for my arrival.

I'm not even there yet and I've been asked if I'm excited more times that I got wished happy birthday this year....at least it feels like it

Especially since the weight of anticipation far exceeds the maximum weight I'm allowed to bring in my suitcase as I board the plane.

So does that mean I'll have to pay more for the  time I spend thinking about whether I'll be the only black male in the country?

Or will that time get lost with the change in time zone as I fly east across the Arctic Ocean.

Hopefully its worth every US dollar that I gain from the exchange rates.

All I know is, this the a vacation I've been waiting for since High School.

I hope I still think that when I sit alone sipping noodle soup missing that sweet plantain and peanut butter soup. (You Ghanaians know what I'm talking about). #homesickness

All that aside, the time is slowly drawing near and my impatience is getting heavy.

Hong Kong I hope you are Ready!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment